Most of the time, majority of homeowners and contractors get caught up in the dilemma of the best way to get rid of junk and debris from their homes or job sites respectively. They are faced with the difficult choice of choosing between a dumpster rental vs junk removal services, in order to get rid of their trash. If you’re one of those people experiencing such a dilemma, this post has the answers you are looking for.
Whether you’re looking for a more efficient and cost-effective way to handle a large pile of trash or you just want to learn the difference between dumpster rental vs junk removal service, you’ve landed in the right place. We will dive deep and share with you all you need to know about dumpster rental and junk removal services, the best service to choose based on your need, and the best things to watch out for when choosing a particular service to get rid of your waste.
Having said that, let’s dive in…
Dumpster rentals afford you the opportunity to rent a dumpster to your place and have it filled. Once it is filled or you are done, the rental service comes over and picks up the dumpster. One perk of this is that you have the dumpster at your place usually for as long as you want and you load it yourself.
When placing your renting orders, you would have to determine the size you want, clarify on location and the expected pick-up days. Dumpster rentals are great for getting rid of junks and debris from projects like garage cleanouts, light and major demolition, kitchen and bathroom remodel, and typical yard cleanup and maintenance projects.
Dumpster Rental Pros:
- It is more flexible and gives you the liberty to load the dumpster at your timeline.
- Most trash, if not all, are been collected and thrown into a dumpster as it can sit there for as long as you want.
- If you are disposing of a large amount of waste like shingles, household junk, wooden furniture, concrete, storm, and home improvement debris, dumper rental is the better option.
- If you are handling construction jobs like demolition, renovations, or major landscaping projects, renting a dumpster provides you with a cheaper option to get rid of the trash.
- It gives you more privacy and the opportunity to work at your own pace.
Dumpster Rental Cons:
- You have to load the dumpster yourself.
- If you intend to place the dumpster on public property (sidewalks or parking ways) you may have to secure a permit. But if you’re putting the dumpster in your driveway or premises, you don’t need a permit.
Junk removal on the other hand involves hiring the service of experts to help you carry the trash or unwanted item from your home as quickly as possible. Yours is to call when you need them, make arrangements on the day, time, and location and the crew would be there to move your junk.
A team of professionals arrive with the dumpster and help you remove, sort out and carry away your junk. If you do not know how to use the dumpster or you want it done by someone else, or at once, hiring this service will be a better option.
Junk Removal Pros:
- The junk removal company does all of the heavy lifting.
- They do not take up space on your property as they require a short period of time to pick up and get rid of your junk.
- Great for getting rid of few bulky items such as a mattress, refrigerator, or treadmill.
Junk Removal Cons:
- You might experience a huge cost if you have a bunch of junk to dispose of.
- Does not take up a large amount of waste.
- You have a limited timeframe to work with.
- No privacy
The major difference between Dumpster Rental and Junk Removal Service
The major difference between a dumpster rental and a junk removal service is the presence of people. For the latter, you hire a team to help with gathering, sorting, and lifting off the junk. The team arrives here with all that is needed to help clear your home and they do it. When they are done, they move it and empty it at the right place.
For a dumpster rental, you are more or less doing it yourself. You make the choice of the dumpster and you get it delivered to your space. Here, there are no other people to help load the dumpster for you once it arrives. But the team comes to carry it away. Which works great if you are not comfortable with lots of people around your home.
7 top reasons to use a dumpster rental for waste removal
- You get to fill the dumpster at your own pace which will enable you to accumulate more junk.
- For large job sites like estate cleanouts, or big renovations, a dumpster is a good option for collecting trash. This way, you get to reduce the risks of accidents.
- Dumpster rentals are better for collecting construction debris, yard debris, roofing debris as well as household waste.
- Using a dumpster is a wise option for businesses as it offers a safe, convenient, and law-abiding way of disposing of trash.
- Since there is one spot for collecting debris, you save money on gathering several piles of junk.
- If you are planning to embark on a backyard cleanup project, kitchen or bathroom remodels, or demolition project, renting a dumpster works perfectly as you can collect all the junk in one place.
- If you are moving, renting a dumpster while packing is an easy way to collect things you do not plan on packing.
7 reasons to use a junk removal service for waste removal
- For a simple one-of-project, getting a junk removal service might serve best.
- Junk removal services are ideal for a day’s job. Since you are removing the junk immediately from your home, you might not need to rent a dumpster for an extended period.
- If you do not know how to sort out the junk, it might be good to get professionals to do it for you.
- For items you are not yet sure of if they could be recycled or donated, the junk removal service can help sort that for you.
- Junk removal services usually cover a number of debris such as yard waste, glass, metal scraps but not chemicals.
- A junk removal service is also excellent for removing appliances and moving furniture.
- Junk removal companies can work effectively without letting down a container so you would not have to worry about your driveway.
How much does it cost to rent a dumpster?
Renting a dumpster depends on the size you are getting, the project you are running, and for how long you are renting it. It could also vary from renter to renter. Usually, you should expect to spend between $279 and $487.
For instance, you should expect to pay less for a 10 to 15 yard dumpster that you would be using for just a week. And more for larger sizes that would be staying for longer.
Other factors that would be discussed when billing include the cost for delivery of the dumpster as well as pick up. Depending on your municipality, you might be required to pay some fees on taxes, transport, and mileage. There might also be considerations if you exceed the weight.
To get an accurate cost, however, you would need to discuss with a local dumpster rental near you. They would help you determine the right size you need and you could work together on how long you want to use it.
To get a straightforward price at a flexible rental period so you can clean up your trash, Dumpster Stars provides a competitive rate in order to make dumpster rental more affordable to customers.
How much does Junk Removal Cost?
The cost for a junk removal service depends primarily on the load size and your location. For hauling a smaller load, this could range from $112 – $597, whereas for a large pickup, prices could reach up to $2,000. These are average rates that could also be influenced by other factors.
Several factors such as the time of the year, items to dispose of, the distance, how early you made your appointment also influences how much the junk removal service would cost.
If you’re working on a pretty tight budget, and you’re looking at clearing out a bunch of junk in your home on one of those free weekends, renting a dumpster would probably be a better option as a dumpster would generally be cheaper than a junk removal service in this case.
This is because a junk removal service works best if the trash you want to remove is not much or it is just a day’s work. If you are planning on keeping the dumpster for a while, renting one is the better option.